1. Be invited to join
Once you have been invited, you should receive an email with a link to set your password. Use a secure one 🤗.
2. Go to your profile to register some sensors
Skip this step if you use databaum hardware.
Open https://databaum.ch/profile to add your sensors. At the moment you can add sencrop, agrometeo or pessl metos devices. Not enough? Tell us what devices you'd like to add. After adding the sensors, you should be able to see them in the sensors tab.
While you are in the profile tab, this would also be a good moment to specify your location.
3. Create a field and add the sensors to the field
Go to fields and create your first field. Fill all the fields and after creation, go to the settings of said field.
Here you will find two things to set. The grape specific settings and the sensors which belong to that field. Add your weather station or sensors, select your grape variety and put in the bud break date (BBCH 09, just before the first leaf unfolds, use the first of March if you are unsure).
4. Profit from the disease prognosis
Right now you will see downy and powdery mildew forecast and forecast history. We are working on more pathogens, different models (self learning ones) and on increasing the accuracy of said forecasts.
5. How do I actually profit from the forecast?
For the beginning, we recommend 3 things:
- Don't spray when it's not needed. You might actually save 50% of the usual sprays. Give nature a moment to breathe. You can also take a breath. Maybe with a glass of wine walking through your vineyard? Enjoy this moment and be proud of your smart decision.
- Spray when it's needed. You want your plants to stay healthy. So protect them from the nasty pathogens. If you are thinking of the long-term health, this might be the moment to ask your consultant about the long term effects of your measures. Some of them destroy the soil flora of your crops. Others have severe health implications, especially for children. So choose one which does only (or almost only) harm the pathogen.
- Join our community, keep learning with us and create good wine.
We are working on more ways for you to profit right now. Starting with how your grape variety influences the prognosis, moving over to the action window (when it's best to spray) and lots lots more to come.
Sidenote: If you think that this article was too easy and should have a little more substance, I recommend you to read stuff from the actual scientists. This was just the absolute basics to get you started.
We wish you successful and healthy farming. Without nasty pathogens.